Be the Change for Clean Water

Madison County

Type of Pollution Concern Contact
If you see someone putting anything down a storm drain or directly into any body of water or ditch, obtain a license plate number or address and report it to:

Madison County Sheriff’s Office:

(740) 852-1332 or (740) 852-1212
Report the release of any material that impacts public health or the environment, including chemicals and petroleum products to:

Ohio EPA 24-hour hotline:

(800) 282-9378
Sewer Related

Madison County Sanitary Sewer and Water District:

(740) 845-1284
Home Sewage Treatment System (HSTS) Related Pollution

Madison County Health Department:

(740) 852-3065
Report Concentrated Animal Feeding Facility or certified livestock manager compliance, emergencies, or discharges and manure spills to the ODA DLEP, Ohio EPA’s spill hotline, and ODA DSWC:

ODA Division of Livestock Environmental Permitting (DLEP):

During regular business hours: (614) 387-0470 After business hours: (800) 282-1955 (ask for DLEP) More information can be found on DLEP’s websites:

Ohio EPA 24-hour spill hotline:

(800) 282-9378

ODA Division of Soil and Water Conservation (DSWC):

(614) 265-6610
Other non-emergency pollution

Madison Soil and Water Conservation District:

(740) 852-4003

Village of Mt. Sterling:

(740) 869-2040 or